- Easy to install
- Large 2+ gallon capacity: holds 10 lbs of ice easily, 20 lbs if you really pack it
- 1/4" ball valve for draining the melted ice after a pass
- Fits positive displacement superchargers (VMP, Roush, KB, and Whipple) that use a rear inlet design
- Line-X black textured coating for improved underhood appearance and reduced sweating
- Lightweight aluminum construction - actual weight only 7 lbs empty
- 4" Clear lid standard
- Optional black lid
- Fits: 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0 L
- Attaches to factory mounting points
Looking to reduce high intake air temps on your Mustang for faster ETs? To help, VMP has developed an underhood ice tank for supercharged 2011-2014 5.0 L Mustangs!
The VMP underhood ice tank replaces the factory degas bottle and is ideal for 1/4 mile runs. With a large capacity, the VMP ice tank easily holds 10 lbs of ice, 20 lbs if you really pack it - perfect for loading bags of ice before a run. Our testing shows the VMP underhood ice tank can improve your ET by .2-.4 tenths in the 1/4 mile!
Constructed of lightweight aluminum, the VMP ice tank is black textured coated with Line-X for improved underhood appearance and reduced sweating. Comes with a sealed clear lid that easily twists off.
Note: Requires removal of fresh air tube and we recommend removal of JLT heat shield as the tank now functions as the shield. Optionally, you may trim the JLT shield. Does not fit with Roush airbox style intakes or Roush 110 mm intake. Not recommended for cars that are road-raced.
Usage: The drain valve is located to prevent fully draining the tank, this is to keep the pump from sucking air and loosing prime. We recommend installing a switch on the pump circuit so you do not melt all the ice before getting to the line. Avoid over-packing the tank with ice as the intercooler pump can lose prime. Use ice that is made from large chunks for the best results.
Includes: (1) VMP ice tank